The Geilenkirchen Kreisbahn (district railway) was an almost 38 km, metre gauge railway in the West of the present-day Federal State North Rhine-Westphalia. Geilenkirchen district railway station formed the operational hub, from two branches of routes opened up the rural and structurally weak Selfkant and a part of the Jülich country, with the northern part of the worm’s run. The operation of the railway was abandoned in stept in 1953 successively and 1973 entirely.
On a preserved piece of 5.5 km length between Schierwaldenrath
lrath is todays museumline under the name Selfkantbahn.